Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Uh oh, am I a stage Mom in the making...?

So little Cora has decided at the ripe old age of 2 months & 11 days to try desperately to roll over.  She tried over and over at home on the floor.  She kicks her legs up and throws them and her little body onto her right side.  She gets her bum up and gets onto her right arm but can't get past that pesky right arm and onto her tummy!  She thrashed and let out cries and grunts.  To say she was annoyed and frustrated is an understatement.  I have video to show how mad she got!  Sadly, she was unsuccessful at getting on her tummy yesterday, but I have a feeling it's going to happen soon.

This display of core strength and determination started yesterday morning.  There we sat at Mama & Me group - me watching in awe as she got onto her left side and began to teeter onto her arm trying to roll over.  She was making little grunt noises and I let her work at it for a few minutes before coming to her aide.  She was unsuccessful at turning over onto her belly in class, but successful at getting attention.  I heard whispers of "Oooh, look at her!" "Look at her go!"  "She's almost there..come on Cora!"  Is it bad that I secretly felt excited, proud, and sorta like 'yeah, I know my daughter is so advance'  These feelings of pride and being a show off are hopefully normal.. unless, uh oh,  I am a stage Mom in the making?...

No comments:

Post a Comment