Thursday, July 19, 2012

day 3: bless me father for I have sinned...

Day 3:  I was supposed to make it "over the hump" and then I'd be okay.  Well, I got stuck on the tip of the hump and ate 2 meatballs while I was teetering on the ledge of full indulgence and just a taste  (at least they were homemade meatballs by me).   So, that's right.  You heard correctly.  I, Nicole Burke, am a cheater.  What is the saying...?   "Cheaters never win and winners never cheat."  No, maybe it's "Quitters never win and winners never quit".. either way, I lost.

Okay, so confessions aside, today started off fantastic.  I felt good, I felt healthy, I felt thinner!  I'm always (well, these past few days) in a positive frame of mind until lunch/early afternoon rolls around and the true hunger kicks in.  I swear to god if I didn't have a baby/husband to "cook for" (by choice), I'd be super successful on this damn juice fast.  But I tell you... it's *so* hard watching your baby eat a spicy black bean veggie burger.  Or blueberries.  Or the homemade meatballs you JUST made and the delicious looking spaghetti (I don't even like spaghetti usually!).

To combat the deliciousness of meatballs simmering in a homemade veggie based gravy/sauce (we say gravy), I made a (supposed to taste like) V8 juice.  You can imagine my disappointment when it tasted nothing like the tomato-y deliciousness that is V8.  I juiced the following to make my "V8" juice: red onion, carrots, celery, green pepper, red pepper, tomatoes.  It's not horrible, but it's definitely *not* V8.

This morning started off with a juice with the following: oranges, pears, spinach... and I can't remember what else.  That might have been it.  My midday juice was pretty delicious and it consisted of: kale, celery, pineapple, kiwi, grapefruit... and, I have no clue.  Man oh man, a juice fast really messes with your memory!

Tomorrow I'm excited to juice grapefruit, pineapple, kiwi, plums, peaches... and more.  I went on a produce run today and have lots of fresh fruits & veggies waiting in the fridge for me!  I also have leftover meatballs in the fridge, but those aren't waiting for me.  They're waiting for Cora.

I must stay strong!

Juice on peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment