Tuesday, December 18, 2012

family bed night 3: will this ever end?

I love Cora. I love her dearly. That being said, I want my bed back.

Cora has been as miserable as it gets lately. Molars ripping through her gums, combined with the virus of the century, and she's about as pleasant as ... well, I can't think of a good analogy, so just fill in your own version of pain. Yes, it's THAT bad.

So little miss miserable has been ending up in my bed nightly because it seems the only way we all will get some sleep. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not anti family-bed-people; it's just not for me. I like to lay on my stomach, I like to sprawl out, I like to pull the covers up to my ears sometimes, I like to check Facebook at 3:00am when I get up to pee - all of which are not conducive to sharing a bed with a toddler. First of all, I still worry about accidentally smooshing or smothering her, and secondly, getting up to pee without disturbing her is like an escape act, and don't even get me started on trying to check Facebook on my phone! (there needs to be an even dimmer option, apple. Just sayin'!)

So yeah, there was a time in my past when I loved to snuggle Cora in bed and wanted nothing more than to have her near me. Now? I just want my bed back. So, precious molars that are ripping through my baby girl's gums, hurry the hell up so we can all get some sleep around here! Thanks, an empty-bed-loving-mama.

just look at those chompers!

No comments:

Post a Comment