Friday, January 4, 2013

2012: that's a wrap!

Well, here we are again.  At the start of a new year.  And I'm left here with my thoughts of what the upcoming year will bring as well as what the past year has been like.  How does one begin to sum up a year?  I guess chronologically as best I can.. or... randomly..? yes, randomly.  That's much easier.  So here goes...

2012 was the year of...
..pumping..making a million bottles.. making homemade baby food.  nannying another baby so I could be home with cora.  naming my brother and sister godparents to cora.  cora's baptism.  my good friend megan's wedding in march (which was also consequently the first night out since I had had cora in september 2011).  selling the car I'd had for the past 10 years.  our first family vacation to cape cod in the summer.  our first trip to ireland as a family in november.  changing a million diapers.. (which included cloth for many months until we moved).  lots of laughs.  lots of smiles.  lots of tears.  8ish teeth.  a move to new hampshire. a new job for me. visits to daycares.. decisions about daycares... tears on my behalf, tears on cora's behalf... and then happiness at daycare.  2012 was the year Justin Bieber coined the phrase "we're gonna party like it's 3012 tonight."  2012 was the year I taught cora sign language and the year I frequented Mama & Me in JP (and made and kept some amazing mama friends).  it was the year of walks, swings, sandboxes, crawling, pulling up and walking.. an amber necklace for cora, countless milliliters of ibuprofen and tylenol.. fevers and visits to the doctor.  it was the year I found out my sister was pregnant and watched her belly grow exponentially (she's due in Feb!).. 2012 was the year of my niece getting her license, my best friend getting engaged, my dad learning how to facetime and my mom becoming comfortable with texting.  2012 was the year cora turned one and showed everyone that when presented with a cupcake or blueberries, she chooses the blueberries.  2012 was the year of summer olympics in london, hurricane sandy's devastation, and the horrific shooting in sandy hook.    2012 was a year of hugs, love, fights, make ups, passion, laughs and learning.  it was a big year for me and my little family as we grew together and learned from one another.  in our little world we're taking things one day at a time, and that's just fine with us.  here we go 2013, are you ready?





















No comments:

Post a Comment